Guest Comments – Sparrows’ Roost
"Fantastic cottage in a fantastic location. Hosts very welcoming. Amazing scenery and breathtaking walks."
"A wonderful, relaxing weekend away. Lovely cottage, great local walks and yummy food at The Bear."
"What an amazing, peaceful place. Had a great relaxing time. Lovely walks and the food at The Bear pub is fantastic. We will definitely be coming back."
"A wonderful quirky cottage in beautiful surroundings... Hosts very friendly and go above and beyond! Would most definitely stay here again and hope we can return soon!
"Gorgeous, cosy cottage in a fabulous location. Had a lovely relaxing weekend (and the bed is fantastic and comfy!)"
- Walk to The Bear Pub (Less than half a mile; direct from the cottage)
- Longway Bank Walk (2.5 miles; direct from the holiday cottage)
- Alderwasley circuit walk (1.5 miles; direct from the holiday cottage)
- Shining Cliff Woods, and back via the pub (4 miles; direct from the holiday cottage)
- Shining Cliff Woods walk (4.5 miles or shorter variations; less than 2 miles from the holiday cottage)
- Black Rock Woods Walk (2.5 miles; less than 3 miles from the holiday cottage)
- Wirksworth quarries and Puzzle Gardens
- North Alderwasley short walk (less than 2 miles)
- Alport Heights Walk