If you have sat nav that takes co-ordinates, we are at 53.0758, -1.5313.
If you use the postcode (DE56 2RA) you will end up at the north end of Pendleton Lane, where it meets Bury Hill. From there, you need to travel south along Pendleton Lane and we are on the right, just after Back Lane.
If you are doing this the traditional way:
- Turn off the A6 just north of Ambergate (between Belper and Matlock) onto the B5035 – signposted for Wirksworth/ Alderwasley.
- Immediately after you’ve come off the A6 onto the B5035, take a very sharp left signed for Alderwasley.
- Continue for about a mile and then take the first right onto Chapel Hill.
- Go up a hill and down again, before taking the first left into Pendleton Lane.
- Pass Back Lane on your right, and Pendleton Cottage /Sparrows Roost is the first on the right after Back Lane, opposite a farm.
- Pendleton Cottage is to the left of the barn, and Sparrows Roost is the cottage behind the barn, furthest from the lane.
The cottages are about 1.5 miles from Whatstandwell Station, and we would be happy to pick you up and drop you off from the station, and help out with shopping, if you would like to come without your car. The cottages are a couple of miles from the shops although you can get milk and eggs from the farm opposite.