Pendleton Cottage and Sparrows’ Roost are beautiful, one bedroom, detached, character cottages located in the picturesque village of Alderwasley, two miles from the historic market town of Wirksworth and a few miles from Matlock and Belper.
These luxurious cottages have been renovated to a very high standard, and make a perfect base for walking in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
The cottages are surrounded by woods and valleys, with stunning views. However, despite only being a few miles from Matlock Bath, the area is relatively undiscovered and very peaceful.
Dogs are welcome and there are beautiful dog walks right from the door. We have prepared detailed maps and directions for walks around the cottages, so you can find the prettiest footpaths and best views. We let you know if you’re likely to meet cows or sheep or encounter tricky stiles or any other obstacles, so you can have a relaxing and enjoyable walk.
The location is ideal for exploring the Peak District National Park, Carsington Water and stately homes including Chatsworth, Hadddon and Hardwick Hall.
- Detached cottages
- Each cottage sleeps 2 people (Pendleton Cottage has a super king bed and Sparrows’ Roost a king.)
- Dog friendly
- Dedicated parking right by the door
- Located in the peaceful village of Alderwasley, two miles from the historic market town of Wirksworth
- Less than half a mile from the award winning dog friendly pub, The Bear
- Lovely country walks right from the door
- Set back from a quiet lane
These are some photographs of the surrounding area: